Shortlisted for the Aesthetica Creative Writing Award 2022

I am humbled to have been shortlisted for the Aesthetica Creative Writing Award 2022 for my poem 'Ramadan'. The poem has also been published in the Bad Lilies magazine and can be read here

Thank you, Aesthetica magazine. My poetry journey started at the beginning of 2019. There has been a pandemic in between to bring me closer to my ultimate solace - river banks, edge of lakes, pools of water with nature gawking at its own simple magnificence. The enormous privilege of being mentored by Poetry Wales editor Zoe Brigley, and the Representing Wales Award 2021 from Literature Wales, had allowed me to find the confidence that I simply did not possess at the onset of my writing journey in 2019. So this is an opportunity to thank both Zoe and Literature Wales, and all my friends and inspirations who have shown faith in this journey. 

All the shortlisted poems and stories would be published in the 2023 Aesthetica Creative Writing Anthology available here